Tuesday, January 30, 2007

MetaBlogging

Blogging about blogs, who would've thought about that when blogging first came around? The idea of blogging is probably one of the greatest that we have seen in this new millennium. It is a way for any average joe to become just as widely known as Hollywood celebrities depending on what they put on their blog. Blogs have allowed a new breed of media to form, one crafted by every-and-any person that can get their hands on a keyboard. It has revolutionized how we get news and then allows us to debate the topics that interest us with people that can make very good arguments. Now I know that the internet can’t check if your IQ is above that of a child, and that there are some pretty ignorant and uneducated people out there that like to go against what people say in a blog to get a kick. Unfortunately, God put idiots on this earth to “spice things up,” but all-in-all, bloggers come up with very interesting views and opinions on topics that we see in our world. This sharing of ideas can also be incorporated in the classroom, and when it does, learning can happen on a whole new level. Blogging is just the beginning. I have a feeling that it will continue to grow and open up the floodgates to even more impressive ways to connect people together. Viva le Blog!

2 comments:

Todd Bannon said...

When I first started using LiveJournal, I really thought of it as just a journal. I was basically letting my friends know what was going on in my life.

However, when the election came around in 2004, I found myself participating more and more in political commentary. As I moved in this direction, strangers would comment on my ideas. I quickly realized that I needed to check my facts and not just blather about my opinion.

People call you out when you're being an idiot - even on your own blog!

Meghan said...

I agree with you, the idiots out there do "spice things up." What better way to convince people to form educated ideas than by confronting them with the mindless babble of others? It's good to see both ends of the spectrum out there, if only to show someone how scary ignorance can be.