Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Mind Go Boom

HOLY CRAP! Everything that we are learning right now is just blowing my mind away! As Rob is going on about RSS feeds and Google Reader, I just keep thinking about the possiblities that these technologies have. Imagine linking everything that relates to your subjects. Teaching will never be the same, students will be able to instantly gather any and all articles about the topics that you're teaching. I'm very excited about using these technologies and want to become more proficient in them. It's just too cool for words, seriously.

3 comments:

Andrea...Since 1978 said...

I agree.....when I think that before this class I was one of the more technology-orientated instructors on my campus (I'm having a hard time converting those that have been doing the same-old thing for 40 years) and compare that to what possibilities I see now, I realize I knew absolutely nothing! I can't wait to continue learn new aspects and play with them in the class.

Allen Webb said...

Of course your (and Andrea's) excitement gets me going, too. The cool thing about blogs and RSS and wikis is how they can be put into operation in the class without special software.

The absorbtion of new ideas and changes in teaching is quite interesting. Nothing happens in an evenly flowing way...

Lindsay said...

Dr. Webb makes a great point. With nothing but a computer and internet access these technologies are available in every school! Teachers don't have excuses for not making use of them other than not knowing how, which is why I think that this course is so great. I hope that courses such as this one will soon become a part of all teacher ed programs.